About the role
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for engaging with our clients, meeting their expectations, and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are delivered positively and effectively.
Hours of work: 38.5 hours – full time, working shifts between the hours of 06:30 and 22:30, including some weekends
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
Working within the Conference and Technical Services team, you will carry out a wide variety of activities, with your key responsibilities to include:
- Provide IT assistance to clients and staff
- Set up, and service, of conference rooms or public areas as required
- Supporting our wider teams as necessary, including the Food & Beverage team and the Study Centre Manager
- Carry out frequent checks of all meeting rooms and public networking areas, making sure they are presentable and ready for use at any point
- Reporting any faults (if appropriate) or correcting the fault if able
- Ensure daily handovers are carried out at the end of a shift
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated individual to join the Conference and Technical Services team.
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment would be ideal
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility and available to work the required shift patterns
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
About the Møller Institute
The Møller Institute provides space and context for the development of current and future leaders through leadership development programmes. Programmes are delivered at our purpose-built, start-of-the-art conference venue within the ground of Churchill College, University of Cambridge. The Institute provides clients with meeting rooms, accommodation, catering and tech solutions to ensure all meetings and events are a success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, they are professional, enthusiastic, hardworking, fun, loyal and creative, with a positive mind-set around client engagement, support and service. If you would like to be part of a team that has a great story, is committed to quality, has clear growth strategies for the future and is focused on personal development, you are in the right place.
The Møller Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Churchill College, University of Cambridge, and all of our profits are gift aided to the College to support the education of future leaders, the next generation.
Note: Sponsorship is not attached to this role. You will need a right to work in the UK, and you will be required to demonstrate this.