Past event: Connecting people and generations – Leadership in an ever-changing world. 8 May.
Building on our Danish heritage of Mærsk and the A.P. Møller & Chastine Mc-Kinney Møller Foundation this is an invitation only event held in partnership with Saltoftehus and the Danish-UK Association, which will explore leadership in uncertain times.
Our CEO, Gillian Secrett, who recently received a Knighthood of the Order of Dannebrog in recognition of her services, promotion and support for Denmark and Danish-British relations in the UK, will introduce this workshop which is aimed at senior leaders in Danish organisations who aspire to lead their organisation in complex and challenging times, and are keen to:
- invest in their own leadership development
- understand how to inculcate an explorer mindset and
- build entrepreneurial and innovation skills
This collaboration has been the brainchild of Birgitte Boserup, CEO & Owner of conference centre Saltoftehus, who visited the Møller Institute two years ago, recommended by the Danish UK Association in London. Having previously worked for AP Møller Mærsk for several years Birgitte “instantly felt at home” at the Danish inspired Møller Institute, “What really laid the ground for my wish to connect Møller Institute to Saltoftehus was the staff and their obvious proudness of their workplace, its history and what values it stands for – we connected so well and I have since built the connection and collaboration between Møller Institute, Saltoftehus and Mærsk headquarters in Copenhagen. I’m so proud this has been possible.”
- 10:00 – Welcome, Birgitte Boserup, CEO and owner of Saltoftehus and Gunnar Larsen, Managing Director, Danish-UK Association
- Developing leaders at Møller Institute, Cambridge Gillian Secrett, CEO
- Your Explorer Mindset, introducing the Senior Leadership Development Programmne, Cathy Butler, Head of Executive Education
- Leadership in uncertain times – How to develop ambiguity tolerance, preparedness, and personal resilience. Ruth Berry Programme Director, Explorer Mindset. Ruth will share 20+ years’ of experience in leadership development for multinationals, including Maersk , Royal Dutch Shell, Fujitsu as well as world leading professional services firms, including DLA Piper and Eversheds Sutherland. Ruth’s leadership work focuses on personal effectiveness to accelerate performance, personal resilience, and leading change.
- 13:00 – Networking Lunch
- 14:00 – Leading innovation in uncertain times – How can leaders shape future global supply networks through digital innovation? Dr Jagjit Singh Srai, Jag is head of the Centre for International Manufacturing, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge. Dr Srai has extensive experience of advising on large scale complex physical and digital supply chain projects and collaborations to underpin major organisational change. He has advised global corporates including GSK, Astra Zeneca, Lego, Grundfos, Oticon and IKEA.
- Digital attitudes, perspective taking, reverse mentoring – connecting the generations to lead – Ruth Berry and Dr Jag Srai
- 15:30 – Drinks and networking
When and where
8 May 2019, 10.00 – 15.30
Saltoftehus, Saltofte Gods, Saltoftevej 7, DK-4470 Svebølle, Denmark
This event is by invitation only and places are limited to 50. We will be operating a waiting list thereafter.
Price: DKK 1350 per person, including workshop, breaks and lunch.
Payable to Saltoftehus – payment details on successful application. Those attending will qualify for a full refund of the registration fee on any leadership development or coaching programme booked at the Møller Institute by 30 June 2019.