Leading lawyers in a complex world – transformational leadership for law firm partners
An immersive residential course – structured to fit around your busy life leading a law firm – created by the Møller Institute, Churchill College at the University of Cambridge – this programme provides partners and senior business professionals in law firms with a practical and in-depth understanding of the challenges that face law firm leaders in today’s complex markets.
Leading Lawyers will give you the toolkit to lead your firm and will develop your skills to ensure you and your firm thrive in the face of new competitors, an uncertain marketplace, digital disruption and multiple new business opportunities.
Your personal growth and transformation is at the heart of this programme, which brings together a fusion of practical and creative leadership development underpinned by evidence-based intellectual thinking and strong expertise in the professional service firms arena.
Leading Lawyers – Key Points
- 25 places only
- All-inclusive, full board residential course in world-renowned Cambridge (England)
- Intensive, multi-dimensional programme, 9 – 12 December 2018
- £5,000+VAT offering exceptional value for 4-day Cambridge-based executive education programme
- Immersive Cambridge experience at the Møller Institute, Churchill College in the University of Cambridge
- Programme based upon the work that our specialist Professional Service Firms team carries out across the world, advising many of the largest global law firms, and delivering the insights that are most relevant to today
Transform yourself, your team and your firm
Uncertain times demand great leadership. While law firms report increasing profits, many express concerns over the road ahead. In the UK, the impact of Brexit looms large and will have an unpredictable effect on legal service demand. Globally there are concerns about the possibility of trade wars, increasing protectionism and uncertainty over the future behaviour of major world powers.
If you worry about increasing salary inflation, the entry of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms to legal services and whether Artificial Intelligence and new technology will change the way in which legal services are managed and delivered then this programme will support you with the very best in leadership research, theory and practice.
The Four Market Leadership Pillars you will focus on in the programme
- Market leadership – articulating why clients should choose to work with your firm, rather than your closest competitors; developing and pricing premium services; and outpacing your rivals, including new entrants
- Team leadership – strengthening your ability to build superior performance in your teams and honing influencing skills that work on your fellow partners in the context of practice, sectorgroup, or firm leadership roles
- You – helping you better understand yourself, your strengths and weaknesses and the impact that you have upon your own team, your partners and your clients
- Leadership in a global context – recognising the increasingly international nature of legal work, enhancing your capability to operate across jurisdictions, with a deeper awareness of cultural differences and traditions
Core learning outcomes
- Personal leadership as a partner and influencer in the firm – resilience and resourcefulness
- What clients want, leading value creation, pricing and business development
- Peer to peer leadership and the leadership of change
- Building high performance with talented (and difficult) people
- Trends and strategies in the legal market – the new economics of firms – what is working and why
- Effective firm communication
- Skills of coaching, mentoring and role modelling
- Developing talented professionals – bringing on the next generations
Who should attend
- Law firm partners in leadership and management positions
- Those in line to take up such positions and responsibilities
- Senior Business Services Professionals whose work supports the fee earners in the business
What our clients say
We have worked with partnerships of over 400 professional service firms and have built up vast international expertise.
Our programmes are enhanced by the highest standards of service at our dedicated residential leadership development centre, set in a vibrant and unique learning environment at Churchill College, University of Cambridge. Our programmes are endorsed by the University of Cambridge’s Board of Executive and Professional Development.
“The Møller Executive Education team has worked on a variety of programmes with our senior leadership teams from around the world since 2010. The programmes consistently receive fantastic feedback from our participants and Ruth Berry’s practical yet warm and engaging delivery, combined with her extensive expertise in leadership has been very beneficial in my role as a business leader.” – Simon Levine, Managing Partner, DLA Piper
“Working with Des and Ruth is both reassuring and inspiring. Their collaboration brings the safety of decades of training and leadership experience with a fresh and constantly innovative perspective” – David Patient, Managing Partner, Travers Smith
Leading Lawyers at the Møller Centre
Part of Churchill College at the University of Cambridge, the Møller Centre is the UK’s Best Management Training Centre and multiple award-winning for its academic venue and banqueting staff.
The Møller Institute has been designing and delivering highly successful leadership development programmes for global organisations for more than a decade. It provides open enrolment programmes and customised executive education programmes for senior leaders, aspiring leaders and those operating in highly regulated environments.
The Møller Centre was founded as a Centre of Excellence, inspired by two great leaders: Sir Winston Churchill and Maersk Mc-Kinney Møller. It was the recipient of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2012; an annual award bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen.
Inspired by its Danish heritage, the Møller Centre building combines high-quality architecture, art and design to provide a truly creative and inspiring space within which to learn and collaborate.
Ruth Berry is a Partner at Møller Institute where she specialises in leadership development and helping individuals to achieve their full potential. Her work involves liaising closely with senior leaders as a consultant and executive coaching on people skills, change management, personal effectiveness and leadership issues.View profile
Kevin is a Partner at Møller Institute, his speciality lies in strategy and business development. Kevin has a particular interest in the pricing of services and in business development for professionals at all stages of their careers from newly qualified to senior partners.View profile
Mike is a Partner at Møller Institute where he works in supporting the development of leadership and change management capability in the specialised area of professional services firms. His key areas of expertise and interest are at the intersection of strategy, commercial success and the organisation’s people agenda.View profile
Rachel is a Partner at Møller Institute and specialises in the areas of talent and coaching. She has over 15 years of coaching experience, leveraging her business and professional knowledge to coach individuals to be productive high performing contributors in organisations. Rachel draws upon 20 years of business experience in order to advise organisations on the design and delivery of global management development courses for partners, senior managers and staff.View profile