Awards and accreditations
Awards and accreditations
The Møller Institute has been widely recognised as a centre of excellence, both externally and, gratifyingly, by the close-knit team that work here.
On our 20th anniversary in 2012 we were honoured with a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the field of International Trade, reflecting our success in attracting global organisations to our Executive Education programmes.
In 2017 we won an unprecedented three Golds in the Meetings & Incentive Travel awards, voted by event organisers. The golden categories were Best UK Management Training Centre, Best Conference & Banqueting Staff and Best Academic Venue. This haul followed strong performances in previous years but never quite such a clean sweep, and because the categories have changed, unlikely to be repeated!
We’re clearly learning all the time, and now leading the industry. We were especially proud of the Staff award, as this chimes with a core element of our Vision – To be recognised as one of the UK’s best 100 employers, where success is achieved through people development and job satisfaction, the employee’s first choice.
This same drive has been recognised over the years with several ‘Two Star’ ratings in the annual Best Companies to Work For index, based entirely on staff feedback. We now use Thymometrics, a ground-breaking employee feedback platform to allow us to continually understand employee mood and engagement.
In 2019 we were proud to be shortlisted for six of the Conference News’ annual Academic Venue Awards – Best conference venue (under 250 delegates); Best event management team; Best sustainability; Best accommodation Best in-house technology; Best catering service. We received a judges commendation for best in-house technology, but were runners-up in the others!
Alongside these specific awards, we have worked hard to attain the critical accreditations and certifications in environmental, hospitality and customer feedback that mark the Institute out as exceptional. These accreditations include:
- International Association of Conference Centers (IACC)
- British Standards Institution (BSI) ISO14001 Environmental Management, and
- Business Development Research Consultants (BDRC) VenueVerdict Gold Standard.
As for our programmes themselves and the intellectual content shared here, being bespoke each time there are no traditional ‘awards’ we could realistically enter – but our clients have never been shy with their praise.
Our awards and accreditations confirm to you that:
- service quality meets or exceeds international standards and is consistently high across every aspect of the customer journey;
- there are appropriate protections in place for your privacy, physical safety, handling of complaints, our staff competence and supervision, etc.;
- there is an opportunity to feedback and have input into our services and you can expect to participate in the planning of your event with us;
- we have an appropriate level of organisational proficiency and reliable processes in place to continually improve the quality of services we deliver; and
- we are committed to excellence and quality improvement
Our accreditations in detail
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are awarded to UK organisations that demonstrate outstanding achievement in the categories of innovation, international trade and sustainable development. The awards are made annually by Her Majesty The Queen and judged to a demanding level. Møller Institute won this award in 2012.