Below is just a selection of some initiatives in place at Møller Institute to contribute towards out sustainability commitment.
- We have now switched over to an LED lighting system.
- Occupancy and daylight sensor lighting has also been introduced into appropriate areas of the building.
- An on-site recycling programme has been introduced for all waste items including paper, plastic, metal, glass, cardboard, newspaper, toner cartridges, batteries etc.
The Møller Institute team have enthusiasm for sustainability initiatives, this include our commitment to having a positive impact on the environment and focus on environmental measures such as waste, carbon and water management, recycling and food sourcing.
The team supports the measuring of sustainability KPI’s to track, manage, control and continually improve the sustainability level across our business and each department is committed to sourcing and purchasing environmentally responsible products and services.
The hard work carried out by the team at Møller Institute also helped us to achieve:
- Gold accreditation by Green Tourism.
- IACC Green star certification
A Sustainable Focus
The Environmental Management System provides a framework to manage the Institute's focus on the following:
Using the Environmental Agency for guidance, we have identified our specific requirements and have procedures in place to ensure we are meeting them.