Below is just a selection of some initiatives in place at Møller Institute to contribute towards out sustainability commitment.
- We have now switched over to an LED lighting system.
- Occupancy and daylight sensor lighting has also been introduced into appropriate areas of the building.
- An on-site recycling programme has been introduced for all waste items including paper, plastic, metal, glass, cardboard, newspaper, toner cartridges, batteries etc.
- We use Fairtrade/Rain Forest Alliance teas and coffees and also recycle all coffee ground waste to produce fire logs.
- The Institute has it’s own herb garden to source from.
- Suppliers are asked to source products with little or no packaging or to take back packaging for recycling or reuse.
- Organic ingredients are used wherever feasible and free range chicken, eggs and meat, along with seafood sourced from sustainable fisheries, are incorporated into menus.
- Vegetarian meal selections are always available.
- We offer paper free events (SMART Board and iPads)
- All materials are printed on material from well-managed FSC® certified forests and recycled materials.
- Where possible, we use paperless marketing materials and invoicing.
A Sustainable Focus
The Environmental Management System provides a framework to manage the Institute's focus on the following:
Using the Environmental Agency for guidance, we have identified our specific requirements and have procedures in place to ensure we are meeting them.