Mr Yang Du served financial services for over 15 years in asset management, foreign exchange and financial technologies, where his professional footprints are across London, New York, Sydney, Shanghai and Hong Kong. He is a recognised thought-leader on China’s financial regulation and capital account liberalisation. Yang holds degrees from University of St Andrews and Nanjing University of Science and Technology.
Mr. Du currently serves China Securities International as Head of Asset Management and Managing Director of China Securities (International) Asset Management, he leads investment, trading, sales and product teams over a global-mandate fund business.
Prior to joining China Securities, Mr. Du was a Partner and Managing Director of Yaozhi Asset Management, a leading Chinese hedge fund specialising in fixed income market, where he led cross-border and offshore investment as well as macro research. Mr. Du also served globally-renowned financial information provider Thomson Reuters where he took several challenges including the founding Global Head of China Business Desk, Director of RMB and China Strategy, Head of Buy-side EMEA etc. He was also a corporate investment strategist in his early career.
Mr. Du is an active intellectual contributor to RMB Internationalisation. He played a critical role in UK’s formation of very first RMB Offshore Centre and advised several governments on the construction of RMB offshore centres. In 2013, Mr. Du co-founded RMB Interest Group quickly became an influential knowledge-exchange platform among financial market practitioners, regulators and academics. The group emerged a number of high-flyers and left intellectual footprints in many policies through its members. This interest group is still active today and keeps its edge.
Mr. Du was a TEDx speaker also frequently interviewed by media and press including Bloomberg, Reuters, NHK, CCTV, Phoenix Financial, Financial Times, Ignites Asia, Profit & Loss, China Daily, Economic Daily and so.
Honours and awards
- International Contribution, Chinese Business Leaders Award, UK
- Rising Star of the City, Brummell Magazine, UK
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) Explained, Yaozhi Asset Management, February 2017
- Shenzhen-Hong Kong Connect as Alternative Approach Under the Capital Control, Yaozhi Asset Management, November 2016
- Green Financial Assets: comparative studies and fund analysis, China Economic Information Bureau, Xinhua News Agency, May 2016
- Investment Value of the Green Bond, Yaozhi Asset Management, April 2016
- Investigation of the CoCo Bond, Yaozhi Asset Management, April 2016
- Global Asset Allocation: multi-asset & multi-strategy fund, Yaozhi Asset Management, March 2016