About the role
To actively engage with our clients, exceeding their expectations and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are effectively delivered.
Hours of work: 38.5 hours – full time, working shifts between the hours of 06:30 and 22:30, including some weekends
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000
Working within the Conference and Technical Services team, you will carry out a wide variety of activities, with your key responsibilities to include:
- To set up, service and clean any conference room or public networking area as requested.
- To be available to attend to customer requests ensuring the highest standards of customer service is given.
- Ensure that the agreed standards of service, cleanliness and security are maintained in all areas.
- To carry out frequent checks of all meeting rooms and public networking areas, reporting and fixing any found faults.
- To have a working knowledge of all equipment used and to ensure that all AV/IT equipment is clean and stored appropriately.w Ensure that any found lost property is immediately handed to the Guest Service Manger to be recorded as per standard procedure.
- To ensure a safe working environment by storing furniture and client deliveries in an organised manner.
- Support the Guest Service Manager as required.
- Work alongside the Food and Beverage team and provide support if needed.
- Complete a daily handover/checklist to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Attend meetings and training as and when required.
- To ensure that you follow all the policies and procedures in relation to our environmental, General Data Protection and Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated individual to join the Conference and Technical Services team.
Essential skills and experience
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexibility and available to work a rota with varying shifts
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience, and knowledge, of dealing with audio visual and information technology equipment
- Willingness to learn and progress within the business
- Ability to think ahead, with an open mind, problem solving as necessary
About the Møller Institute
The Møller Institute provides space and context for the development of current and future leaders through leadership development programmes. Programmes are delivered at our purpose-built, start-of-the-art conference venue within the ground of Churchill College, University of Cambridge. The Institute provides clients with meeting rooms, accommodation, catering and tech solutions to ensure all meetings and events are a success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, they are professional, enthusiastic, hardworking, fun, loyal and creative, with a positive mind-set around client engagement, support and service. If you would like to be part of a team that has a great story, is committed to quality, has clear growth strategies for the future and is focused on personal development, you are in the right place.
The Møller Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Churchill College, University of Cambridge, and all of our profits are gift aided to the College to support the education of future leaders, the next generation.
Benefits of working at the Møller Institute
- Free meal provided each day
- 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Your birthday off!
- Social events throughout the year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Health Care Cash Plan
Note: Sponsorship is not attached to this role. You will need a right to work in the UK, and you will be required to demonstrate this.