About the role
We are looking for an experienced and customer focused individual to engage with our clients, and the team, through the provision of our high quality Food and Beverage service, with a desire to exceed our customer’s expectations at every opportunity. This includes buffet service, private dining and coffee stations.
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Hourly Rate: £10.42 an hour, plus holiday pay
Working within the Food and Beverage team, you will carry out a wide variety of activities, with your key responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring agreed standards of service are maintained in all areas, and guests are treated in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ensuring all areas where food and beverages are served are kept clean, tidy and hygienic.
- Laying and clearing of tables as appropriate to the particular service within the established standards.
- To regularly interact with clients during morning breaks, lunch and dinner, as appropriate, up selling facilities and services wherever possible.
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained using agreed procedures and that stock is rotated to maximise profit and quality of goods sold.
- Assisting the Duty Manager and Technical Services team with the servicing of our conference facilities, as and when required.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and may be subject to change due to organisational needs.
You will be a committed and confident customer service professional looking for your next step within a unique environment.
Essential skills and experience
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Ability to work both independently, and, as part of a team
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure, remaining calm at all times
Desirable skills and experience
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of Food Allergen policies
Benefits of working at the Møller Institute
- Free meal provided each day
- Social events throughout the year
- Free use of fitness facilities
- Free flu vaccination
- Staff rates for accommodation at the Institute
- Cycle Repair Workshop (Churchill College)
About the Møller Institute
The Møller Institute provides space and context for the development of current and future leaders through leadership development programmes. Programmes are delivered at our purpose-built, start-of-the-art conference venue within the ground of Churchill College, University of Cambridge. The Institute provides clients with meeting rooms, accommodation, catering and tech solutions to ensure all meetings and events are a success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, they are professional, enthusiastic, hardworking, fun, loyal and creative, with a positive mind-set around client engagement, support and service. If you would like to be part of a team that has a great story, is committed to quality, has clear growth strategies for the future and is focused on personal development, you are in the right place.
The Møller Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Churchill College, University of Cambridge, and all of our profits are gift aided to the College to support the education of future leaders, the next generation.
Note: Sponsorship is not attached to this role. You will need a right to work in the UK, and you will be required to demonstrate this.
Please note: If you do not heard from us within four weeks, please assume that your application has not been successful. However, we would like to thank you for your interest.