Bank of China (BoC) is one of the ‘big four’ state-owned commercial banks in China and the fifth largest bank in the world by market capitalisation.
We have been working closely with BoC Leadership and Development team for nearly a decade, supporting the professional development of their top 500 senior executives. This included head office directors, national brand directors and international branch directors responsible for over 31 countries and regions outside China.
Following a detailed design consultation phase with the bank, we created a series of bespoke programmes lasting between one and two weeks.
We have helped their leaders to:
- identify key trends and changes in the global banking landscape
- innovate and establish a more robust marketing strategy and product offering
- focus on target business areas to gain competitive advantage, increase market share of corporate clients (SMEs) and private clients (HNWI)
- understand international regulatory frameworks to strengthen all aspects of compliance and improve quality of lending portfolios
- establish an optimal model for Bank of China to increase business in M&A, including process and good practice in developing M&A related financing products, operational management and risk management
Design and delivery
To ensure the best learning outcome and ongoing development of participants, we incorporated the following modules in each programme:
- roundtable discussion with industry peers- HSBC, Barclays, Lloyds Bank, RBS, CITI and Santander
- pre-course reading material and survey through virtual learning platform and online tools
- comprehensive 360 feedback system to ensure future content is highly customised and tailored to meet specific learning objectives
- an alumni network that provides a virtual community with ongoing coaching and support for all delegates