Wellbeing is a key element of the Explorer Mindset. Organisations responding to an increasingly complex, competitive and unpredictable environment, are demanding their people do more with less – and leaders are no exception.
Inter-modular project work
Programme participants will source and undertake an inter-modular project that will provide them with a rich experiential context to support the learning context.
Through the project and coaching check-ins, participants will apply many aspects of their learning including within strategic focus; innovation leadership; prioritising making choices and planning; Creating and managing a high performance team; and disciplined execution skills
The programme content is framed around seven ‘mindset dimensions’, formed of core psychological characteristics and leadership approaches.
Prior to the programme, all participants will undertake a personalised diagnostic which is designed to help participants through psychometric feedback to understand their own mindset and the ways in which it enables or detracts from the attributes of an explorer mindset
Leadership through coaching
Coaching helps leaders and organisations reconnect with what is most important for them. On this programme participants do not only receive individual coaching, they are taught coaching skills to be able to support one another through small coaching groups.
The 7 Explorer Mindsets
The Explorer Mindset is based around seven mindsets, they will be inter-woven throughout the programme, this are:
- Leading innovation – A leadership approach that encourages innovation, creativity and change.
- Approach orientation – The tendency to be opportunity focussed. The readiness to see situations as opportunities for gain.
- Personal resilience – The core psychological characteristics that underpin our response to challenge / adversity.
- Perspective taking – The tendency to empathise and see things from the perspective of others.
- Ambiguity tolerance – The perception of ambiguity as desirable, challenging and interesting. You will have an attraction to the complex, unfamiliar and uncertain.
- Preparedness – The tendency to be organised, prepared and goal orientated. Informing the standards we set for ourselves and others.
- Risk tolerance – Sensitivity to risk. How motivated a person is to avoid risk and/or errors.
I joined senior leaders from other global organisations on the Explorer Mindset programme. The fast-paced, highly interactive and intense programme at The Møller Institute was a unique experience and a blend of information, learning, exchange, practice and joy, facilitated and led by top notch global experts.
I can highly recommend Explorer Mindset to other business leaders, curious and ready to explore how to successfully and confidently navigate in a VUCA world, whether setting up a new venture or leading a blue-chip giant.
Scandinavian Airlines System
Who is the programme for?
Whatever your background, academic qualifications or career path, the Explorer Mindset can help you achieve your development goals. If you manage
The programme is designed for the C-suite, partners, founders and other senior managers, and is sector-agnostic.
The programme is for you, if you consider yourself to be:
- Excited by the opportunities and challenges presented by disruption and volatility in your business, marketplace, sector and beyond.
- A highly committed and self-aware leader; you know the world is changing; you know a new leadership mindset is needed to navigate these turbulent times.
- Ambitious and successful; you are always looking to improve your entrepreneurial and innovation skills so you can reach higher attainment and execute new ideas.
- Passionate about building the best organisational environment in which your people can excel in their performance.
- Open to exploring new possible futures, new ways of thinking and to challenging convention.
All of our programmes are reviewed and approved by The Møller Institute’s Education Standards Committee. The committee examine context, relevance, design, content, structure and delivery methodology together with the appropriateness of faculty and scope to engage delegates to embed the learning to create real impact.
The Møller Institute is also an approved provider of Executive Education meeting the standards set by the University of Cambridge Board of Executive and Professional Education.