Public Healthcare Reform and Hospital Management Programme
Shanghai Hospital Development Centre (SHDC) is a government owned not-for-profit organisation, responsible for investing, managing and operating 28 (AAA status) public hospitals in Shanghai.
Over the past six years, we have designed and delivered bespoke programmes for over 100 Shanghai hospital directors, providing invaluable insight into public and private sector healthcare provision in the UK.
Our three-week customised programmes combine lectures, debates on healthcare policy, discussions on challenges faced in public health, and visits to both NHS and private hospitals. This enables delegates to contrast the UK experience with the functional challenges shaping modern China’s health policy environment and healthcare marketplace.
Some of the key topics include:
- key historical policy issues – comparing NHS and China
- NHS hospitals – analysis of success and failure
- financial management : from policy to patients – allocating funds
- operational excellence – improving performance of public hospitals
- primary and secondary care – relationships in the UK – pioneering GP in China
- Public Private Partnership (PPP): a new collaborative model
- sharing best practice with a world famous heart and lung transplant hospital
Design and delivery
Our close relationship with SHDC means we understand the skills they are looking to develop and can build programmes that combine challenging lectures by exceptional academics, and senior practitioners who have first-hand experience in the healthcare sector drawn from across the world.
The programme faculty consists of leading figures from the UK healthcare sector including some of the most senior members from Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, the former Chief Executive of NHS England; former Chief Medical Officer of NHS Wales; former CEO of Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children; CUHK, Visiting Professor of Imperial College London; Medical Director at Papworth Hospital; Chief Operating Officer at Cambridge University Health Partners and CEO of The London Clinic.