About the role
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will assist in the presentation and upkeep of the site and ensure that maintenance and repairs to the properties are always completed in a timely manner and to a high standard. You will be responsible for carrying out routine health and safety checks whilst actively promoting a safe working culture.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week (to be worked between the hours of 08:00 and 18:00).
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Working within the Facilities team, you will carry out a wide variety of activities, with your key responsibilities to include:
- Respond promptly to any maintenance requests or emergencies and addressing them in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completion of PPM checks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Co-ordinating and supporting contractors whilst on site.
- Plan and carry out painting and decorating around business levels.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and may be subject to change due to organisational needs.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated individual to join the Facilities team.
Essential skills and experience
- Basic Plumbing, Electrical and Painting skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to use initiative to get things done
About the Møller Institute
The Møller Institute provides space and context for the development of current and future leaders through leadership development programmes. Programmes are delivered at our purpose-built, start-of-the-art conference venue within the ground of Churchill College, University of Cambridge. The Institute provides clients with meeting rooms, accommodation, catering and tech solutions to ensure all meetings and events are a success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, they are professional, enthusiastic, hardworking, fun, loyal and creative, with a positive mind-set around client engagement, support and service. If you would like to be part of a team that has a great story, is committed to quality, has clear growth strategies for the future and is focused on personal development, you are in the right place.
The Møller Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Churchill College, University of Cambridge, and all of our profits are gift aided to the College to support the education of future leaders, the next generation.
We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
Benefits of working at the Møller Institute
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Free meal provided each day
- 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Social events throughout the year
- Cycle to work scheme