About the role
Reporting to the Sous Chef, you will primarily be responsible for cleaning all food areas and supporting with the receipt and unpacking of deliveries.
Salary: £10.00 an hour, plus holiday pay
If appointed, you will receive a starter bonus of £100, and an additional £100 after the first three months (if criteria is met).
Working within the kitchen team, you will carry out a wide variety of activities, with your key responsibilities to include:
- Managing the day to day cleaning of the kitchens
- Supporting the chefs in managing the receipt of all deliveries
- Ensuring all equipment and work areas are cleaned to the required standards
- Ensuring communication and shift handovers are such that the kitchen can operate effectively after each shift is completed.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and hardworking person to join the Kitchen team.
Essential skills and experience
- Previous experience in a kitchen environment would be ideal
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexible and available to work the required shift patterns
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
Benefits of working at the Møller Institute
- Free meal provided each day
- Social events throughout the year
- Free use of fitness facilities
- Free flu vaccination
- Staff rates for accommodation at the Institute
- Cycle Repair Workshop (Churchill College)
About the Møller Institute
The Møller Institute provides space and context for the development of current and future leaders through leadership development programmes. Programmes are delivered at our purpose-built, start-of-the-art conference venue within the ground of Churchill College, University of Cambridge. The Institute provides clients with meeting rooms, accommodation, catering and tech solutions to ensure all meetings and events are a success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, they are professional, enthusiastic, hardworking, fun, loyal and creative, with a positive mind-set around client engagement, support and service. If you would like to be part of a team that has a great story, is committed to quality, has clear growth strategies for the future and is focused on personal development, you are in the right place.
The Møller Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Churchill College, University of Cambridge, and all of our profits are gift aided to the College to support the education of future leaders, the next generation.
Note: Sponsorship is not attached to this role. You will need a right to work in the UK, and you will be required to demonstrate this.
Please note: If you do not heard from us within four weeks, please assume that your application has not been successful. However, we would like to thank you for your interest.