About the role
To actively engage with our clients, exceeding their expectations and ensuring all aspects of the customer journey are effectively delivered.
To manage the day to day planning and operation of the Study Centre/Main Building and music facility in accordance with agreed standards of service, venue presentation and current legislation.
To identify opportunities to improve standards of customer service, product development, Health, Safety and Security within the building and identify training needs of staff who work in the facility.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week (to be worked between the hours of 06:30 and 22:15), on a 10 days over 14 days rota, to include early, shifts, late shifts and weekends.
Salary: £25,000 – £27,300 per annum
Working within the Guest Service team, you will carry out a wide variety of activities, with your key responsibilities to include:
- To complete Duty Management shift procedures daily. To maintain and comply with all company and legal requirements including employment, health, safety, fire and hygiene legislation. These procedures must be regularly monitored and updated in order to achieve service excellence and best practice as set out in the company objectives and business plan.
- To manage the operation under your control to achieve agreed customer satisfaction targets in all areas, in line with company duty management procedures and operational standards, as a result of client feedback. To acknowledge and respond to all customer concerns in an effective, timely manner.
- To assist all members of the management team in carrying out tasks assigned to them, with a view to improving yield management, operational standards and the achievement of our business objectives.
- To motivate all operational staff to achieve best practice and the required standards of service, in line with current employment legislation.
- To support the operational team during annual leave, sickness or vacancies, with assistance from the respective departmental supervisors.
- To assist in agreed project work supporting the Operations Manager and Centre Manager. These projects may involve accreditation processes, capital investment or change management.
- To assist the Operations Manager and Centre Manager in achieving and maintaining appropriate levels of health and safety throughout the Institute, including overall venue presentation.
- To support the Front of House Manager in driving revenue for our corporate bed and breakfast bookings, ensuring consistent and effective communication is maintained with the Client Development and Relationship team throughout the process.
- Responsible for maintaining effective and constructive communication with all departments in the Institute.
- To communicate effectively with all external organisations to promote the Insitute as a professional organisation.
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken to review procedures and operational standards as a result of client feedback.
- To ensure that all stock delivered to the Institute is signed in and out to the appropriate departments as required, using the correct procedures.
- To attend meetings/training as and when required.
- To ensure that you abide by all of the policies and procedures in relation to our environmental, General Data Protection and Anti-Bribery and Corruption policies, details and objectives of which are included in the staff handbook.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by the Operations Manager or a member of Management in a timely and cost effective manner.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and may be subject to change due to organisational needs. A full Job Description can be requested.
You will be a committed and confident customer service professional looking to progress within a unique environment.
Essential skills and experience
- Sound Microsoft office skills
- Previous customer service experience in an hotel or similar environment
- Advanced interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
Desirable skills and experience
- A first aid qualification
- Knowledge and experience in Food and Beverage
- Understanding of Reception, Housekeeping and meeting room technology
About the Møller Institute
The Møller Institute provides space and context for the development of current and future leaders through leadership development programmes. Programmes are delivered at our purpose-built, start-of-the-art conference venue within the ground of Churchill College, University of Cambridge. The Institute provides clients with meeting rooms, accommodation, catering and tech solutions to ensure all meetings and events are a success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, they are professional, enthusiastic, hardworking, fun, loyal and creative, with a positive mind-set around client engagement, support and service. If you would like to be part of a team that has a great story, is committed to quality, has clear growth strategies for the future and is focused on personal development, you are in the right place.
The Møller Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Churchill College, University of Cambridge, and all of our profits are gift aided to the College to support the education of future leaders, the next generation.
We are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
Benefits of working at the Møller Institute
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Free meal provided each day
- 33 days of annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Your birthday off
- Social events throughout the year
- Cycle to work scheme